In the Global Audio-Visual Internet Teaching Studio [G.A.V.I.T.S.] we Learn to Teach, and Teach to Learn
In the Global Internet Studio our students may connect with students and teachers across the World across all time- and language-lines .... Monday to Friday
In South Africa our Global Saturday School takes place on Saturday mornings from 08:00 to about 14:00 South Africa time [GMT +2].
It focuses on all Science Based Activities [SciBA]
The Global Saturday School is a "CyberClass" and is in essence a Virtual Campus or Study Lab:
- We set up the Internet learning studio for students who wish to learn about problem solving projects, and - in general - how to study efficiently.
- Senior students in (i) South Africa (ii) in any Country and/or (iii) on any Continent may act as coach, mentor and/or study guide to students anywhere in the World.
- Using Skype, DimDim or any other programme, students and teachers may set up individual Study Labs to teach and coordinate research they have done on any topic.
- Usng Skype or any other similar communication medium all participants may use cell phones and/or computers in Internet Cafés to
- send questions to our GAVITS Studio
- receive information and/or advice
Thabang Malungane and Sureshan Krishnan using technical applications to communicate with studens across the Globe
The following GAVIS Study Labs exist:
Science Based Competitions [SBC's]
Dedicated leadership development
Space Science, in general
Astronomy, including Deep Space viewing via remote access telescopes.
Science Theatre: Song, Dance and Drama - various activities including the Songs for the Youth Project